L'oreal casting Berry red


I have just coloured my hair a couple of days ago with L'oreal Casting Creme Gloss in shade 565 Berry Red.

The picture below shows how my hair looked before colouring. I am a regular user of casting and the faded shade on my hair what's left of it was Chilli Chocolate 554.

I had not used Berry Red before and although I have always had nice results with this brand I was a little nervous that it may turn out too purply or too dark.

The dye tube is added to a developer bottle which contains a small amount of peroxide to help deposit the colour. 

Unlike the majority of dyes, this is applied to damp hair and massaged in. I applied to my roots first then massaged through the lengths.

I usually need at least two boxes of dye for my thick hair but this one goes such a long way I can get away with just one box!

I left it on twenty minutes. Now the instructions do say that if your hair has been coloured in the last three months to apply to roots first for ten minutes and then the lengths for five minutes. 

The problem I have currently is that my lengths are fading a lot lighter than my roots due to previous highlights, therefore I treated all the hair the same length of time which was twenty minutes. 

I have regular trims and deep condition my hair and I have had no damage issues with this but that is only my experience and if in doubt don't is one of my favourite sayings.

So for the results:


I am delighted with the results and will definitely recolour with this shade again. 

In my previous experience I get around 4-6 weeks out of this brand before I need to recolour and it just fades to a light gingery brown colour on me, which isn't too far away from my natural colour so it is fine.

Fern 
X

Comments

Popular Posts