L'oreal Casting Creme Gloss

Hi everyone!
Just thought I would share with you my recent purchase of L'oreal Casting Creme Gloss shade 565 Berry Red.

I am no stranger to dying my hair at home, and when it comes to just going a shade or two darker or especially red shades which fade quicker, I much prefer to be in control and colour my hair as soon as the previous colour is looking dull and faded.

Ok so a little about this dye...This is not a permanent dye and it does not contain ammonia, which if you literally just want to deposit some colour and tones into your hair a similar shade or darker and do not want too much commitment, then this is perfect and is exactly why I love this brand. This is a demi permanent dye which can last upto 28 shampoos, which for me works out at around four/six weeks. I paid £4.49 in Savers, which is a steal as they are over £6 in most places.

I have been using this brand for about a year now and I have to say each time I have used it I have always had nice and most importantly predictable results, with minimal damage to my hair compared with permanent dyes.  I have not used this shade before, the last one I used was 554 Chilli Chocolate, which I loved.  I fancied a more red colour for the festive season and I will probably use this sometime in December once this colour has faded a little more.

In reference to the numbers on the box, normally my hair is naturally a base 7 which is a dark blonde and a base 5 which this dye is i would probably say is too dark for me.  However, in my experience of using these dyes, they do tend to come up a bit lighter on me and fade quick, probably as I used to have highlights and on the bleach it comes out a bit lighter...but I am not a hairdresser so I am just making my own assumptions!  If in doubt go a bit lighter to be on the safe side or go to a hairdresser!

I am really looking forward to using this, alongside the teeny bit of nervousness I always get when I colour my hair, especially a new shade! I am sure it will be fine and if not it will fade especially as red shades fade quicker so I won't panic too much :)

I will report back with a review and some pictures in a few weeks when I decide the time is right to dye my hair and also write a brief tutorial.
Has any of my readers used this particular shade and how did you find it?
Until next time
Fern X

Comments

Popular Posts